This personal data processing policy applies to all personal data processed by ECOTONE. It is intended to help you understand why and how we use information about you.
This personal data processing policy applies in particular regardless of the means or medium used to access the website https://www.ecotone.bio or its sub-domains and its services (hereinafter referred to as the “website”), and sets out the conditions under which, when you use the website, we collect, store, use, save information about you, including your personal data , as well as the choices you have regarding the collection, use and disclosure of this information.
By accessing and / or using the website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be subject to all the conditions provided for in this document. If you do not agree with this policy, you should not use the website and its related services and you should not provide us with your personal data.
Article 1 – The person’s identity collecting personal data
The entity in charge of personal data processing is:
“ECOTONE”: refers to the simplified joint stock company ECOTONE registered in the Lyon Trade and Companies Register under number B 402 712 350, its registered office is at 217 chemin du Grand Revoyet 69230 SAINT GENIS LAVAL.
Article 2 – Operations where your data is collected
Website navigation is possible without the use of credentials and personal data.
The user will be subjected to communicate its personal data by:
– Sharing and « Liking » social media contents on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube;
– Leaving a message on our website or sending an email/mail, calling our customer’s service;
Certain personal data will be mandatory to access the website. The mandatory nature of the data collected is marked by an asterixis, others data is optional.
Article 3 – Types of personal data collected
ECOTONE collects the following personal data from its users:
– Your quality (consumer, professional);
– Your name, first name, postal address, email address, telephone number;
– The messages sent to us, or the communications you have with us (for example, with our customer service, our contact centers on social networks or the applications that interact with it);
– Your IP address, connection and browsing data, history of preferences and interests, products viewed;
We are aware that the data that you are required to communicate to us may be confidential. As such, we are committed to respecting the confidentiality of your data in accordance with our policy and legal requirements.
Article 4 – The purposes of collection operations
ECOTONE collects your data for different purposes:
– Response to your requests / comments (legitimate interests of ECOTONE)
– Sharing on social networks (consent): The website has sharing tools allowing you to share an article on the following social networks: YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn.
By sharing content on these social networks, you submit to their own personal data protection policies, which we encourage you to consult in order to complete your information on the use of your personal data.
– Carrying out solicitation operations (consent);
– Development of trade statistics (consent);
– Organization of contests, lotteries or any promotional operation (consent);
– Processing of your complaints (compliance with a legal obligation by ECOTONE);
– Management of requests for the right of access, rectification, opposition, erasure, limitation and portability, as well as the processing of complaints (compliance with a legal obligation by ECOTONE);
– For internal purposes, such as research and analysis, fraud detection, improvement of the Website, in order to improve the quality of our services (legitimate interests of ECOTONE);
– Allow us to adapt your browsing experience on our Website (legitimate interests of ECOTONE);
If you provide us with medical data by leaving us a comment / message on the website or by sending us an email / letter, we will only use it to process your request and take the necessary follow-up action. This may involve answering your question and comments, managing your request, or keeping them if they are necessary for the defense of legal claims in the event of legal proceedings.
Article 5 – Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area
The European regulation on the protection of personal data prohibits the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), unless specific measures are taken to protect such personal data. We will only make such transfers if we are satisfied that the level of security applied to your information is similar to that applied to your personal data which is not transferred outside of the EEA.
The following examples illustrate where and how your information may be transferred, but please note that this list is not exhaustive due to ongoing changes in our IT and operational infrastructure and may change at any time: the use of Microsoft and Skype for Business in the context of communication, and the use of SaaS solutions stored in the cloud (SAP).
Article 6 – The recipients of the personal data collected
The personal data collected is intended exclusively for ECOTONE and the subcontractors requested by the latter for the proper performance of the services.
The employees of technical service providers, media agencies and communication agencies authorized by ECOTONE may be required to process your personal data necessary to carry out activities strictly related to the provision of services through the Website.
Your personal data may be shared with subsidiaries and affiliates that are part of the Ecotone group. You can find the names of our subsidiaries and affiliates in the link below: https://www.ecotone.bio/our-company.
These subsidiaries and affiliates are located in the EEA, more specifically in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands.
We may also share your data with other organizations:
– If we sell or buy a business or assets (then we may share your personal data with the seller or potential buyer);
– If our company or almost all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data will be one of the transferred assets;
In accordance with legal obligations, ECOTONE may also communicate data to third parties when it is necessary to investigate, prevent, take measures concerning illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations that may pose potential threats to the physical security of a person or if we believe, in our sole discretion, that your use is in fact incompatible with this document or with the terms and conditions of use of the Website.
In addition, personal data may be disclosed to a third party if ECOTONE is obliged to do so in application of a law or a regulatory provision, a court order or if this disclosure is necessary in the context of an investigation, or of a procedure, on national territory or abroad.
Article 7 – The technical mechanisms put in place to secure your data
The Website is hosted by a communications agency, with which we have a contract to ensure that your personal data is properly protected.
If you have a username, password or other login credentials that would allow you to access certain parts of the Website, you must not allow any other person to use them, and must keep them confidential. . If you think someone else knows your login details, please contact us: privacy [@] ecotone.bio as soon as possible.
We take all appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to prevent as far as possible any alteration or loss of your data or unauthorized access to it, as well as to guarantee the confidentiality of your data.
To this end, we have put in place standard technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction, communication or against unauthorized access to the information we collect.
ECOTONE also trains its employees on its data privacy policies and procedures and only allows authorized employees to access your personal data on a basis of their needs, in accordance with their duties.
However, you acknowledge that there is no such thing as total security on the internet. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our Website.
Article 8 – Your rights over your personal data
- In accordance with the European regulation “General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data 2016/679” (“RGPD”), you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time, a right to the portability of your data, as well as rights of access, rectification, erasure, limitation, and opposition to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and to send any request for information by contacting us at the following email address: privacy [@] ecotone.bio.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to rectify and complete your inaccurate or incomplete personal data by contacting us at the following address: privacy [@] ecotone.bio. If we are not able to correct your personal data, we will delete it.
- Right to erasure: you have a right to erase your personal data when:
- These are no longer necessary with regard to the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
- You have withdrawn your consent for this processing of personal data and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You have objected to this processing and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for this processing;
- Your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation, provided for by the legislation of the Union or of the Member States, to which ECOTONE is subject;
- These have been fraudulently collected and used
- You are a child under 16 and your personal data has been collected as part of an information service offering, such as contests.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain restriction of processing when one of the following conditions apply:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data collected;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and instead request the limitation of their use;
- ECOTONE no longer needs personal data for the purposes of processing, but they are required for the establishment, exercise or defense of your rights;
- You have objected to the processing and a check must be carried out to find out whether the legitimate reasons of ECOTONE outweigh yours
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal data. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for prospecting purposes.
- – Right to the portability of personal data: You have the right to the portability of your personal data, that is to say to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and send them to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw your consent: You can withdraw your consent at any time, either through the unsubscribe link or by sending us an e-mail at the following address: privacy [@] ecotone.bio.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority: If you have a complaint concerning the way in which we have used your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with the CNIL: https://www .cnil.fr / fr / complaints.
- You can exercise your rights by contacting us at the following address: privacy [@] ecotone.bio and indicating your name, first name, e-mail address and postal address and if possible how you have communicated your data to us (examples: from a contact form to contact our consumer service, following private discussions with our contact centers on social networks, etc.). Your request must be written on a signed document and accompanied by a photocopy of an identity document bearing your signature in order to verify your identity. In addition, your request must specify the address to which the response must be sent.
Article 9 – The retention period of your data
Your data will be kept for the time necessary to achieve the purposes described above in Article 4 of this document. Beyond this period, your data will only be kept to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, or to allow us to establish proof of a right or a contract.
To establish the retention period of your data, we apply the following criteria:
– If you participate in a competition, a lottery or a promotional offer, we keep your personal data for the duration of the promotional offer, the competition or the lottery concerned;
– If you contact our consumer service in the context of a request or a complaint, we keep your personal data for the time necessary to process your request or your complaint (maximum 3 years), depending on the nature or the content of your request / complaint.
Article 10 – The processing of your personal data by third party website
This document applies only to the pages of the Website through which ECOTONE collects some of your personal data and not to website owned by third parties.
The Website may contain links to other website or to features that are not subject to our personal data processing policy and where personal data practices may be different from ours. ECOTONE neither owns nor operates these website.
Users should be aware of the confidentiality warnings made available by the website, because ECOTONE is not responsible and has no control over the information collected, used, disclosed and more generally processed by third-party websites.
In addition, hypertext links to partner website sometimes offer contests or promotions. By redirecting you to the relevant websites, these third parties may obtain personal data that you voluntarily submit to them to take advantage of this offer. ECOTONE is not responsible for the use of your personal data by these third parties.
Article 11 – The Website’s policy on cookies and other connection cookies (hereinafter referred to as Cookies)
11.1 – Definition of cookies
Cookies are in the form of text files capable of identifying you as a customer and of saving your personal preferences (for example your language choices) as well as technical information (including data such as journeys).
In addition, we may also use web beacons, also known as “web pixels” or “Clear GIFs” or similar technologies that are used to check how you use our Website and to see which pages of our Website you are visiting.
11.2 – Types of Cookies used on the Website
Below you will find information relating to the cookies that may be placed on your terminal when you visit pages of the https://www.ecotone.bio website, either by ECOTONE or by third parties, as well as the means allowing you to delete / refuse the registration of these cookies on your device.
These cookies are essential for browsing our website, in particular for the proper execution of the ordering process.Their overpressure can cause navigation difficulties on our website as well as the impossibility of ordering.These cookies are also necessary for monitoring the activity of ECOTONE.
These cookies can be installed on your terminal by ECOTONE or by its service providers.
In addition, ECOTONE is required to collaborate with other companies which place Cookies on the Website.
These companies help us manage the Website and offer additional services. These Cookies are not necessary for the Use of the Website. The use of these Cookies by these third parties is subject to their own personal data processing conditions and is not covered by this document.
These third-party cookies used on the Website are as follows:
– “Audience measurement” cookies are used to analyze traffic, trends, uses and identify dysfunctions of the Website. This allows ECOTONE to improve your experience as well as the design and content of the Website to meet your needs.The audience measurement cookies are: Google Analytics These Cookies are edited by Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics relies in particular on Cookies to help analyze the behavior of visitors to our Website. These data are transmitted and stored by Google Inc. on its servers. Google Inc. will use this information to evaluate navigation on our Website, deduce various tracking data, compile reports on Website activity for us and to provide other services relating to Website activity. Google may also transfer this information to third parties when this is required by law, or when third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
11.3 – Disabling Cookies
11.3.1 Via your browser settings
However, if you refuse to save the necessary Cookies or delete those already saved on your terminal, you will no longer be able to benefit from a number of Website features.
We decline all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded functioning of the Website resulting from the impossibility for ECOTONE to save or consult the necessary Cookies and which you have refused or deleted.
For Internet Explorer:http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
11.3.2 Via professional platforms
In addition, you can also visit the website www.youronlinechoices.com offered by European Digital Advertising Alliance in order to refuse or accept cookies used by companies registered on this platform.
Article 12 – Children
ECOTONE takes the minor children’s privacy protection seriously. Data collection and storage is not performed for children under the age of 16. However, we may need to collect personal data from children under the age of 16 directly through a parent, guardian or holder of parental authority, with their express consent.
As the parent, guardian or holder of parental authority of a child under 16, your consent can be given by contacting us at the following email address: privacy [@] ecotone.bio.
Article 13 – Modification of the policy relating to personal data
We may revise or supplement this document, to take into account new legislation purposes or changes. Such modifications will be effective from their publication. To stay informed of the changes, please review this page regularly.
Article 14 – Contact ECOTONE
For any comments or questions relating to this document, contact us using the following address: privacy [@] ecotone.bio.